“When I was in my 20s, I was a lost soul. Your 20s are about finding your soul.” -Oprah Winfrey
Thats right, folks. This Saturday, October 17th at 1:36 AM I will officially no longer be a teenager. Its kind of crazy to think about it. I’m on the verge of a whole new decade. Everything I experience from this Saturday until the day I blow out 30 candles will be a huge part of my story, and my journey of self-exploration and identity.
I’m super excited for this transition, so I wanted to celebrate by sharing 20 facts about myself with you guys!
- Today, I bought a cactus, and I am so excited about it.
- My all time favorite movie is Clueless.
- I’ve been a vegetarian for 4 1/2 years.
- I aspire to be Blair Waldorf.
- I’m currently a Communications & Journalism student at UMASS Amherst.
- My life will be complete when I own a teacup pig
- I am always wearing an (invisible) crown.
- I have 30+ concert t-shirts.
- I absolutely despise cooking… or doing anything in the kitchen for that matter.
- l spend waaay too much time eating pizza and listening to Justin Bieber.
- Demi Lovato is my spirit animal
- I’ve never tasted alcohol.
- I have brachydactyly type D thumbs (They’re fat & stubby, and no, I didn’t smash them with a hammer)
- If given the choice, I would eat french macarons for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Pancakes or Waffles? Waffles, obviously.
- I actually can’t stand Beyonce. I can think of a lot of better woman to represent the word “feminism.”
- Sometimes I order my food based on what will look best in an instagram picture. Shhh.
- I love to buy non-fiction books from old bookstores, but I never actually read them.
- I watch Pretty Little Liars religiously (p.s. I’m actually A)
- I am uncontrollably and undeniably in love with Jesus.
I’m super excited for this new part of my life and I want to thank each and every person who has made an impression in my life thus far. You guys are the reason I am who I am today! So, here’s a toast to my 20s!